I have thick thighs, I have thunder thighs, I have thighs that can squeeze lemonade out of lemons..
It’s a hard knock life when your thighs aren’t slim and slender. I am not saying my thighs are toned and muscle-filled but it also isn’t jiggly white fat. If you have thick thighs, you know the struggle it becomes to dress these puppies to highlight how toned they are as opposed to the fact that you have had one too many large orders of Mcdonald’s french fries.
How to highlight your thick thighs:
- Skirts that hit 4-5 fingers above the knee; I have found this works best for skirts that have volume. With pencil skirts and tighter skirts slightly shorter is ok.
- Short skirts should generously cover the widest part of your thigh; Like I said above, if it is tighter it should generously cover the widest part of your thigh. You wouldn’t wear a belly shirt if your stomach was the widest part of you would you?
- Dark washed jeans; elongate the leg and draw the attention up towards the face. Check out this outfit for how to wear your dark denim.
- Shoes that don’t go past the ankle; anytime your shoe straps/ties/laces at the awkward height of your ankle or slight higher it truncates the leg line. Avoid combat boots if you have thick thighs and/or wide calves.
- Denim without whiskering; this is linked to the dark wash denim. Whiskering will only draw attention to the most unwanted parts of your legs.
- Don’t wear thick chunky anklets; they cut off the line of the leg and it truncates you. Who wants to look like a trunk?
- avoid mid calf and low-waist skirts; low-waist skirts shorten the leg and elongate the torso and mid calf skirts look matronly.
- NO HORIZONTAL STRIPES!; stick with vertical stripes. It draws the eye up and down as opposed to side to side.
- avoid capri pants; especially cargo capris.
- Wear nude heels; the blend of color elongates the length of the leg to the eye.
While I was researching I found that the blog: Get great legs said: